For students of Class I to Class IX, Promotion will be granted on the basis of their overall performance during the academic session. Their performance will be tested through continuous / periodic assessments.
In all the main subjects, 80 marks (theory examination) and passing marks- 33 % out of 80. 20 marks are for Internal Assessment. The total marks for internal assessment is 20 and it is divided into 4 divisions:
1) Periodic Test – 5 Marks: There will be a total of 3 Periodic Tests conducted for each subject. Out of 3 Periodic Tests, an average of two tests will be taken for final submission. The Period Test carries 5 marks out of the 20 marks for internal assessment.
2) Multiple Assessments – 5 Marks: Apart from the Periodic Tests, the CBSE has given authority to the School officials to conduct assessments in other modes depending on the subject. Multiple Assessments includes Oral Test, Group/Individual Assessment, Maps, Graphics, Activities, Assignments, etc., Multiple Assessment carries 5 marks.
3) Portfolio – 5 Marks: A portfolio is nothing but the work done by the student. This portfolio consists of the work done by the student and includes the efforts, progress, growth, achievements of the student. The portfolio includes the following elements based on which the student will be assessed:
1. Design of the work: This includes neatness, visual appeal, and creativity
2. Completion of guided work focused on specific curricular objectives
3. Student’s knowledge
4. Formation of all relevant work (Completeness)
4) Subject Enrichment Activities – 5 Marks: This carries another 5 marks and assesses the practical, project works and language skills of a student. The subject improvement activity is different for different subjects. For example, for language subject, the listening, speaking skills, vocabulary will be assessed whereas for Maths and Science the practical works will be examined. For a subject like Social Science, some relevant project work like map will be evaluated.